Taught by Jen Kingwell
This little treasure is a great one to showcase all your favourite prints and fussy cutting skills. Each Daisy made from a different print. Template cut and hand pieced.
- 3.7 m (4 yds) approx. total of a large variety of print, pattern and solid fabrics (fat 8ths and fat 16ths work well)
- 2.1m (2 ¼ yds) fabric for background
- 3.7m (4 yds) fabric for quilt back
- 0.6 cm (5⁄8 yd) binding fabric
- Template plastic ( a slightly thicker one works well )
- Fine permanent marker and scissors to cut plastic
- Fabric scissors
- Cotton thread to blend for piecing and a good selection of colours for applique
- No 11 straw needles or your needle of choice
- General sewing requirements (For example, pins)
- Sandpaper board or piece of medium grade sandpaper
- Mechanical pencil ( propelling pencil ) with 2B lead
Please note: You do not need to bring backing, binding etc to class as we will be concentrating on making the blocks.