Taught by Lisa Crabb
Learn the No Wast Flying Geese method and make a mini “Free to Fly” quilt. In this class I will teach you a quick and simple way to make flying geese with out wasting fabric or having to square up your blocks. You will make a mini quilt that I have designed for this class, or you can use your flying geese blocks to start a quilt that you can finish at home. This class is excellent for all skill levels.
- Basic sewing supplies and pencil, ruler, rotary cutter, pins, sewing machine, coordinating thread.
- For the Geese (triangles): Pre-cut 8 squares 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" from 8 different coordinating fabrics (scraps would work great).
- For the Sky (background): Pre-cut 32 squares 2 7/8” x 2 7/8” from a contrasting fabric or low volume fabric (1/3 yard).
- For the Backing: 1 fat quarter of your choice
- For the Binding: 1 fat quarter of your choice
- For the Batting: batting the size of a fat quarter
Hello! My name is Lisa Crabb. I have been a resident of Logan since 1999, originally from Heber City. My two greatest loves, besides my Family and adventuring in the Outdoors is Silversmithing and Sewing. I earned a BFA in Art Education from USU and began teaching silversmithing at LHS until I had my first child and decided to be a full time mom.
Since a young age I have had “easy access” to all types of art supplies and materials, including fabric. I remember receiving a shirt box full of fabric for Christmas when I was about 12 and felt like I had been given the world. I sat along side my mom while she designed and sewed. I marveled at the magic and learned as I watched.
I began sewing my first quilt in 2001 and have been sewing all sorts of quilts, garments, dolls, bags, etc... ever since. I am a member of the Cache Valley Modern Quilt Guild. I have had the opportunity to attend a few amazing quilt retreats and classes with some of the greats in sewing and fabric, such as Anna Maria Horner, Amy Butler, Sarah Jane, Amy Smart, Lizzy House, and others who have been an inspiration and have shared a love for fabric and sewing.