Taught by Amy Maxfield
78" X 85"
Dancing Dresdens is a change from your traditional Dresden Plate quilt. Although the construction of the Dresden pieces are the same the construction of the quilt blocks are very different. Add a little challenge and intrigue to the quilt by using the "Lolly's" fabric from Jen Kingwell for Moda (If you can still find it!) The beautiful color throughout the quilt
makes it sing while you are dancing through this pattern! We will be doing machine piecing and applique throughout. *Note: This quilt will be much easier to construct with any fabric other than the Lolly collection. There will be no need to fuss about matching the black line throughout the quilt. If you are more of a beginner to quilting, I strongly suggest you purchase a variety of your favorite fabrics or a fat quarter bundle would be perfect.
- Sewing Machine in good working order that will do a straight stitch and zig zag stitch
- A QuarterInch Foot to fit your machine
- An Opentoe Embroidery Foot to fit your machine
- A Blind Stitch foot. (optional but helpful)
- Neutral thread for piecing
- Clear Invisible thread for applique. If you choose dark fabrics use "smoke" colored invisible thread.
- Rotary Cutter and Mat
- Rulers: any ruler used for cutting fabric. I recommend a 8 1/2" segment ruler by Creative Grids.
- Small travel Iron and Mat
- Roxanne's Baste It Glue
- Pattern will be given in class
- 3/4 yard each of Jen Kingwell's Lolly's (I used all five colors) OR 5" strips of lots of varieties of fabrics or a
- bundle of fat quarters.
- 2 1/4 yards for the center triangles,small inner border, and binding
- 5 yards for background
- 2 yards for outside border
- 5 yards for backing