Taught by Kathy Thomas
Learn how to make this intriguing quilt featured in Quilt Sampler and Make It Modern magazines. The designer herself will teach you how to paper piece and compose with color, as you complete at least one full block of the nine block throw quilt, which is easily customized for a larger or smaller quilt.
Finished quilt size: 68” x 68”
- Sewing machine (w/ foot pedal, power cord, bobbin case, bobbins, needles, etc.)
- Basic sewing kit (pins, seam ripper, scissors, thread, plus your own favorite essential sewing items)
- 18” x 24” cutting mat and rotary cutter
- 6” x 18” ruler and 4 1⁄2” square rulers
- Add-A-Quarter or Add-An-Eighth ruler (available from teacher, $6.99)
- Water soluble glue stick
- Individual pressing mat and craft or mini iron
- Kit including pre-cut strips (available from teacher, $103.40). Included in materials cost: pattern, pre-printed foundation papers for one block, note card.
—OR— the following fabric:
- 1 1/8 yards solid white (pencil point units)
- 1/4 yard solid black (pencil point units)
- 2/3 yard solid tan (pencil point units)
- 1/3 yard solid dark gray (eraser units)
- 1/2 yard light gray stripe (eraser units)
- 5/8 yard total assorted prints of each color group: yellow, turquoise, purple, green, orange, light green, blue, pink, blue, and red (blocks)
Kathy Thomas is co-owner of Suppose Quilt Boutique in Preston, Idaho. She has been a quilter nearly 40 years and soaks up quilting knowledge 24-7. Her shop and quilt designs have been featured in multiple national quilting magazines.