Taught by Lisa Garlick
Maple Leaf Rag just might be the most fun I’ve ever had sewing a quilt. Each new block of this quilt was so exciting to watch evolve...creating an obsession to make more and more. This is the perfect quilt to use up your scraps and trade scraps with all of your friends. You will need the fabulous book “Material Obsession 2” by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke. I will have great tips that the book doesn’t offer to help you accomplish this wonderful project. During class, be prepared for a jazzy surprise.
- 4 5/8 yards quilter’s muslin for foundation piecing
- Lots and lots of fabric scraps of various sizes in various colors and patterns
- Large selection of fabric strips at least 3 inches wide (I think 1/4 yard cuts work better than fat quarters if you are shopping for fabrics)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
- 4 1/2 yard backing fabric
- 81 inch square cotton batting (to be used as a design wall if you don’t have one)
- Template plastic
As a little girl, Lisa learned to talk, ski, and sew all at about the same time. She has been an avid (or rather an obsessive) quilter for the past twenty years. Challenging quilts, traditional quilts, applique quilts, modern quilts, and brightly patterned quilts are all part of her passion. Her inspiration comes from the world around her and so many of her fabulous quilting friends she has met though her years of quilting. Quilters are the best people! Lisa lives in Logan with her family and always has her favorite pooch by her side.