Taught by Amy Smart
A brand new quilt design by Amy Smart and exclusive to the 2016 Winter Quiltfest retreat! This pattern (62” x 80”) has lots of short cuts including tips on half-square-triangles and strip-piecing to make this quilt come together quickly. It’s also a fun one for using up scraps and is 2 ½” pre-cut strip friendly.
- 15 assorted 2 ½” x width of strips (the scrappier the better) – more if desired.
- 4 different 3/8 yard cuts of background (cream/white) prints – more if desired.
- 1 ½ yards turquoise fabric
- 5/8 yard navy print
- 1 yard red polka dot print.
- 1/2 yard inside border fabric
- 1 yard for outside border fabric
- OR if you want only one border: 1 1/4 yard
- For finishing: ½ yard binding and 4 yards backing