Taught by Amy Maxfield
Emily Herrick designed this fun pattern to be easy enough for beginners and I have taken it a step further to make it look like it was hand appliqued but it's not! I also added the border to make the quilt a little larger. Use any combination of fabrics you like - bright and fun or more subdued works too. This is a traditional pattern made new!
This is a great quilt for beginners as well as the experienced. If you want to hand applique - no problem, I'll give you some great tips!
- 20 fat quarters in a good variety of patterns
- 2 yards of white for background and borders
- Pattern: Clam Bake by Crazy Old Ladies
- 1 sheet of heat resistant Mylar plastic
- Invisible thread or thread in a very close match
- rotary cutter and mat
- fabric and paper scissors
- Roxanne's glue
- sewing machine in good working order and the ability to do a zig-zag stitch.
- Travel iron with personal ironing station.