Taught by Jo Thomas
Machine binding allows you to finish that last stage of the quilt 3 times faster than by hand. This method has been perfected so you can get a clean finish, and nobody will even notice you didn’t spend hours hand-stitching! We will make trivets as we practice the method, and you’ll be prepared for finishing your quilts quickly and neatly from now on!
- Sewing machine w/ foot pedal, power cord, bobbin case, bobbins, needles, etc.
- Basic sewing kit (pins, seam ripper, scissors, plus your own favorite essential sewing items)
- A walking foot for your machine is strongly recommended but not required.
- Neutral color thread
- Clover Wonder Clips (red size) – Will be available for purchase from teacher, $6
- Clover Hera Marker w/ Stiletto (or other plastic stiletto) – Will be available for purchase from teacher, $6.95 for 10 pk, $32.95 for 50 pk
- A 12” quilted square (back, binding, & top fabric sandwiched and quilted) ready for binding and 3 strips binding fabric cut to 2” x WOF (NOT 2 1/2” or 2 1/4") –Will be available to purchase from teacher, $12
Jo Thomas co-owns Suppose Quilt Boutique in Preston, Idaho, where she teaches, designs, and does freehand longarm quilting. She is the current president of the Cache Valley Modern Quilt Guild. A former psychotherapist, now fabric is her business.