Taught by Marian Gallian
80’’ x 80’’
Level of difficulty: Confident beginner
Take a classic Dresden plate pattern and give it a modern twist. Different sized dresdens and lots of scattered leaves create this windswept quilt. Learn/improve your hand appliqué skills. Have the fun of making an innovative modern quilt, using quilting tips and techniques of all kinds.
Cost of pattern: book needed – Dresden Carnival - cost $25
- Leaves: 1/2 YardGray #1
- Leaves: 1/2 YardGold #2
- Dresden Centers: 1/4 YardCream/Gray/Gold Print #2
- Dresden Petals: 1 Yard Gold #1
- Dresden Petals: 1 Yard Cream/Gray/Gold Print #1
- Inner Border: 1 1/3 Yard Gray #2
- Background and Border 2: 3 Yards Cream
- Outer Border 3: 2 1/2 Yds Gray Stripe
- Binding: 3/4 yard
Sewing machine, basic sewing kit, fabric scissors and paper scissors.